Depending on what devices were in stalled at your property, the IOTAS Home app might come with a few default Smart Stories like Out for the Day and Peace of Mind. The triggers for these default stories are preset, but the resulting actions can be customized to meet your needs.
To help explain how to use and modify default stories, we'll use the Welcome Home story as an example. Welcome Home will automatically turn devices on or off when you walk into your home. The same basic instructions below can be applied to all of the default Smart Stories in the IOTAS app.
To activate and test the Welcome Home story:
- Open the IOTAS Home app.
- Tap to expand the menu in the upper-left hand corner.
- Tap Stories.
- Scroll down to the Welcome Home story.
- Tap on the Off button to switch the story to On.
- To test the story, tap on the play symbol and watch as devices in your home turn on automatically.
To customize which devices turn on or off:
- Tap on the Welcome Home photo to open the story's details page.
- Scroll down to the Do This section and tap Edit.
- A floor plan will appear on screen. Pinch and zoom to view the devices in each of your rooms.
- Tap on a device that you'd like to include in the story.
- From the menu that pops up, select whether you'd like that device to turn on or off.
- Tap Save.
- Repeat Steps 4-6 for all of the devices you'd like to include in the story.
- To remove a device from the story, tap on the device and then select Remove Device from Story.
To customize when the story runs (e.g. Weekdays, 5pm-7pm):
- Scroll down to the Schedule section of the story's details page.
- Tap Edit.
- To select whether the story runs on a certain day, simply tap on that day. If a day appears in green, the story will run that day.
- To change the hours the story is active, tap on the beginning and end times. Scroll to your desired time and tap Done.
- Select Save.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback